Welford has experienced two serious floods (1998 & 2007)
A number of actions have been taken to mitigate the damage and distress that flooding causes.
- A Flood Action Forum has been created
- A camera has been installed at Binton Bridges to monitor the river level
- Gullies and ditches have been cleared and repaired to allow water to run off
- Regular meetings are now held with the responsible authorities to identify problems and allocate actions to resolve those problems
Advice to villagers
- Sign up to the National Floodline to receive telephone warnings of imminent flooding in this area
- Check National Flood Forum for general advice and information of insurance offers.
- If flooding is expected check the National Floodline number (0345 988 1188) to review flood warnings
- Check the Welford on Avon bridge camera at http://www.vision-link.co.uk/community-camera.php?index=34&cc=8&cid=5
- Locate sandbags for temporary defence
- Charge and activate mobile phones
- Move groundfloor valuables
- Check with friends and neighbours
- Be aware of flood risk and avoid any running water (walking, cycling or driving in flooded areas is dangerous)
- Check access in and out of your location and the village. In time of floods Binton Bridge is usually the first road to be impassable. The back road to Bidford at Barton will also be impassable. Access via Clifford Chambers or Pebworth to Cress Hill may be possible.
- Heed the “Road Closed” signs
2007 Floods Gallery
Coastguard Rescue 2
Synder Meadow Lane